With a large database containing information from the past nine years, CBR YouthConnect, through the YouthConnect Institute, continues to measure all aspects of program effectiveness, value and progress. Research is the foundation for the programs and treatments that CBRYC develops and implements, and helps the organization continue to evaluate and grow its knowledge base to remain an innovative leader in its field.
The research at CBR YouthConnect has yielded substantial results*. For example:
- The number of successful treatments and discharges over the past three years rose to 97% in 2004.
- Educational and summer program attendance has steadily increased over the past three years— 90% of youth were attending little or no school prior to CBRYC.
- CBR distributed questionnaires to referral sources, families and youth treated at CBR, and received a 94% satisfaction rating overall.
*Data as of Dec.31, 2004
“The Integration of Treatments that Work,” a CBRYC report summarizing many years of research and experience, found that the three most effective areas of treatment at CBR YouthConnect are:
- Psychotherapy—Professionally established therapies to help youth gain insights and better self-regulate emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
- Enriched learning environment—Academic and applied learning approaches that encourage discovery and exploration of personal aptitudes and abilities.
- Neuroscience—Application of the latest research regarding the brain and mental processes to better understand emotions, thinking, memory and behavior.