CBR YouthConnect admits youth, ages 10 through 21, with severe emotional and behavioral problems. Criteria include:
- Having a disturbance of affect, thinking or behavior.
- Unable to benefit from outpatient, day treatment or other less-intense treatment modalities.
- Exhibits unmanageable behavior in less-structured or out-of-home settings, or requires the treatment intensity provided at this specialized facility.
- Ability to develop insight and benefit from both behavioral and verbal therapies.
A professional intake team reviews all referrals to determine appropriateness of placement at CBR YouthConnect. The review process is designed to identify adolescents who will most benefit from the Ranch's individualized treatment services.
After reviewing the available information, the team makes a determination of acceptance into the program. If, after careful consideration, CBRYC is found not to be the most appropriate program for the youth, every effort will be made to recommend other treatment options.
How to Make a Referral
A referral to CBR YouthConnect can be made at any time. The admissions team can help you with the appropriate information we need to make a decision as to the youth’s appropriateness for placement in our facility. A referral can simply be made by faxing the necessary youth and family information to (719) 384-0470. An admissions team member will contact you with 48 hours of receipt of the referral, with a decision as to the referral’s appropriateness for admission to CBRYC.
The admissions team generally requests the following information:
- Most recent psychiatric evaluation/assessment
- Most recent medical evaluation
- Current medications and past medications
- Current Individual Education Plan (IEP), if available, and school records
- Family and youth history
- Legal reports
- Current summary of emotional, behavioral and other issues
- History of previous placements and treatment, if available
Fee for Service
CBR YouthConnect has developed a fee for service based on many factors. An annual budget approved by the organization's board of directors determines our current fees. The rate is calculated using bed-days and is billed monthly to referral sources such as social service departments, insurers and other third-party payers, courts, school districts and private individuals. Please contact the CBR YouthConnect Admissions Department to individually discuss our current rate per day at 800-790-4993 or by clicking here. The Admissions Department will assist you, as we can, to secure funding for the approved placement of any youth.